//www.instagram.com/p/B4i0LhGn5w8aJvqt6fMLfN_jG9glnKVFi2e_B80

In 1879 Charles Elliott Perkins, a friend of William Jackson Palmer, purchased 480 acres of land that included a portion of the present Garden of the Gods. Upon Perkins’ death, his family gave the land to the City of Colorado Springs in 1909, with the provision that it would be a free public park. (at Garden of the Gods Park)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4i0LhGn5w8aJvqt6fMLfN_jG9glnKVFi2e_B80/?igshid=632gajkaz793

Leave a Reply