The area was first called Red Rock Corral. Then, in August 1859, two surveyors who helped to set up Colorado City explored the site. One of the surveyors, M. S. Beach, suggested that it would be a “capital place for a beer garden“. His companion, the young Rufus Cable, awestruck by the impressive rock formations, exclaimed, “Beer Garden! Why it is a fit place for the gods to assemble. We will call it the Garden of the Gods! (at Garden of the Gods Park)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4iz37bnaBSwcajP5hsetpekp9FMQrs6ikJRik0/?igshid=113432076vkjg

Leave a Reply